Todos los horarios son UTC

Feed

Nuevo tema Responder al tema  [ 1 mensaje ] 
Autor Mensaje
NotaPublicado: Vie Oct 26, 2018 7:55 am 
Eau de Toilette
Eau de Toilette

Share |
PITTSBURGH (AP) — The Pittsburgh Pirates held the Chicago Cubs to one run for a third straight game.This time http://www.diamondbacksfanproshop.com/authentic-shelby-miller-jersey , the Pirates scored enough to win it.Joe Musgrove cruised through seven innings and the Pirates snapped a five-game losing streak with a 3-1 victory on Saturday night.Musgrove (5-7) allowed one run on five hits with seven strikeouts. He has gone seven innings and surrendered two runs or fewer in four of his past five starts.“We’ve been throwing the ball really well,” Musgrove said. “The starters have been giving us a chance to win. We got two really good performances in a row from (Ivan) Nova and Trevor (Williams), so you don’t want to give up five or six runs and get rocked, and have that string of good performances end.”Pittsburgh won for the second time in eight games. The first-place Cubs had their three-game winning streak snapped after 1-0 victories in the first two games of the series.Felipe Vazquez retired the side in order with two strikeouts in the ninth inning for his 27th save.The Pirates’ three runs came in the second inning, when Adam Frazier had an RBI double after Josh Bell and Francisco Cervelli walked to start the inning. That ended Pittsburgh’s streak of 24 innings without a run scored.Frazier’s double off Tyler Chatwood (4-6) drove in Bell from second and gave the Pirates a 1-0 lead. A groundout from Colin Moran scored Cervelli before Adeiny Hechavarria hit a sacrifice fly to left field, allowing Frazier to score and make it 3-0.“It wasn’t a whole lot different than the last two nights. It really wasn’t,” Cubs manager Joe Maddon said. “We gave up three runs in one inning, otherwise you had yourself another 1-0 game. Bullpen was outstanding. Of course, Chatwood struggled. That was obvious. Offensively, we have to get it together on offense.”Musgrove got out of a jam with the Pirates leading 3-1 in the fifth inning. He allowed consecutive one-out singles by Wilson Contreras and Tommy La Stella, but with runners on the corners, Musgrove struck out Addison Russell and got Ben Zobrist to fly out to end the inning.“He was very, very good Chris Owings Jersey ,” Pirates manager Clint Hurdle said. “His secondary pitches were top shelf, especially the changeup. The changeup was a swing-and-miss pitch. It was the separator. The fastball played to both sides. The curveball was good. He had command of four pitches.”Chatwood, who has walked 93 batters in 101 2/3 innings this season, lasted just two innings before being pulled after walking Corey Dickerson to lead off the third. He threw 37 pitches (21 strikes) and allowed the three runs on two hits with three walks.“Just keep working. It’s the only thing I can do,” Chatwood said. “I’m fighting myself and I’m trying to beat another team. So, it feels like I’m fighting uphill. All you can do is keep trying to come back and regain the form I had in the past.”Before Chatwood exited, Zobrist homered to right field, cutting the Pirates’ lead to 3-1 in the third.TRAINER’S ROOMCubs: Zobrist replaced OF Ian Happ in the lineup. Happ entered as a pinch hitter in the seventh and reached first on an error by Frazier before taking over in center field in the bottom half of the inning. Happ had one of Chicago’s six hits Friday, but struck out twice in four at-bats.Pirates: After losing 1-0 for a second straight game Friday, Pittsburgh made two lineup adjustments, with Frazier replacing Josh Harrison at second base and Moran taking over for David Freese at third. Harrison, who had an error in the sixth inning, and Freese were a combined 1 for 7 Friday.UP NEXTCubs: LHP Jose Quintana (10-9 Archie Bradley Jersey , 4.46) will attempt to regain his form when he takes the mound for the series finale against the Pirates on Sunday. In his past four starts, Quintana has allowed at least five runs three times, including in each of his past two appearances.Pirates: RHP Jameson Taillon (9-9, 3.66) will bring momentum from his recent starts when he faces the Cubs on Sunday. He has allowed three earned runs or fewer in 14 straight starts since surrendering six on eight hits in a 7-2 loss to the Cincinnati Reds on May 22. NEW YORK (AP) — Top Mets prospect Peter Alonso was finally in uniform at Citi Field on Wednesday, just not as part of New York’s active roster.Alonso was honored on the field as the Mets’ minor league player of the year about two weeks after New York frustrated its fans by declining to promote him to the major leagues.Alonso’s agents Adam Karon and Tripper Johnson said at the time it was “disheartening” that Alonso wasn’t among the club’s September call-ups, and Alonso said Wednesday he was “disappointed.” Alonso and the rest of the Mets minor league honorees spoke to reporters during a 5-hour, 35-minute rain delay of a game against Miami that began at 9:45 p.m.The Mets said they were concerned about finding Alonso playing time at first base. The team also would have had to add him to the 40-man roster and start his service-time clock.“I have to just trust the process,” Alonso said. “I’m just going to use that as motivation to get better for next year.”The former University of Florida slugger hit 36 homers and led the minors with 119 RBIs across Double-A and Triple-A. He discussed the Mets’ decision this week with team executive Omar Minaya — part of a three-man group leading New York after general manager Sandy Alderson stepped away earlier this season.“He said it was just, it’s nothing, pretty much it was just a business decision, an organizational decision,” Alonso said. “I respect that. I’m just going to keep continuing to get better.”The 23-year-old Alonso will begin play in the Arizona Fall League in early October. He’ll face some of baseball’s top prospects there, then go into spring training hoping to crack the major league roster.Among Alonso’s objectives in the meantime will be improving his defense at first base. He thinks he’s made drastic improvements there Curt Schilling Jersey , and the Mets have heaped praise on his efforts to sharpen his glove work.He spoke Wednesday about the big league dreams he developed playing ball in the backyard with his dad. He got a taste of that this week, taking batting practice and grounders at Citi Field.For now, though, he’ll have to settle for just a sneak peek at life in Flushing.“You get to a point where, I’m lucky to be playing,” he said. “I know it’s going to happen. It’s just, I need to continue to get better and just keep proving what I can do.“There’s always a, ‘What if?’,” he added. “I think the organization is, I have to go along with what they’re saying.”

Nuevo tema Responder al tema  [ 1 mensaje ] 

Todos los horarios son UTC

Temas Relacionados
 Temas   Autor   Respuestas   Vistas   Último mensaje 
No hay nuevos mensajes sin leer en este tema. consumers do not trust the floor marketing

liuer

Jue Ago 23, 2018 1:48 am

fengf1865 Ver último mensaje

No hay nuevos mensajes sin leer en este tema. The other benefit of hiring Sothern Trust

zhouyueyue

Lun Nov 12, 2018 8:22 am

zhouyueyue Ver último mensaje

No hay nuevos mensajes sin leer en este tema. The idea gained quenneville trust backbone

pinkpink

Lun May 21, 2018 8:05 am

pinkpink Ver último mensaje

No hay nuevos mensajes sin leer en este tema. process a third scenario regarding

pinkpink

Mar May 22, 2018 6:20 am

pinkpink Ver último mensaje

No hay nuevos mensajes sin leer en este tema. The process is long and it is painful

Rshop2018

Jue Sep 20, 2018 7:57 am

Rshop2018 Ver último mensaje