Todos los horarios son UTC

Feed

Nuevo tema Responder al tema  [ 1 mensaje ] 
Autor Mensaje
NotaPublicado: Vie Nov 16, 2018 2:25 am 
Eau de Parfum
Eau de Parfum

Share |
Eagles The New York Giants came close to a late road win against the Carolina Panthers in Week 5 Color Rush Patrick Omameh Jersey , losing in the final seconds thanks to a 63-yard Graham Gano field goal. But close doesn’t count in the NFL; the Giants are still a one-win team, and while they return to their home-field in Week 6, the lines aren’t giving the team much of an advantage. The visiting Philadelphia Eagles opened as 2.5-point favorites and, as of Tuesday, they are now favored by three points at both Bovada.lv as well as 5dimes.eu. The defending Super Bowl champion Eagles, at 2-3, aren’t as formidable as expected to open the season. They’ve scored just 103 points — one fewer than the Giants — through five games, and their injury-ravaged running backs cadre has left quarterback Carson Wentz vulnerable, having taken 12 sacks in three games. The Giants surprisingly surpassed the 30-point mark on the road against Carolina, a total the Eagles have yet to reach this season. While that doesn’t mean the Giants will reprise the performance on Thursday, that they managed it just days ahead of their divisional rivals coming to town is, at the very least Color Rush Nate Solder Jersey , a morale boost. And the NFC East remains up for grabs with the rest of the division at two wins apiece. The Giants still have a reason to fight. On offense, lean on Saquon Barkley as both a rusher and receiver, and on defense, force Wentz to throw and then bring the pressure: It’s a not-so-complicated way to a win.While smart money is on the Eagles early, that may not be the reality of the situation come Thursday night. As disappointing as the Giants have been this season, being at home on a short week against a slumping Philadelphia squad could do the team a world of good. Breathe a little easier Philadelphia and surrounding areas. The Eagles are back and looking super.Just goes to show you what a little urgency, some big plays — and a timely game against the New York Giants can do for the defending Super Bowl champions.Carson Wentz threw a season-high three touchdown passes and the Eagles got an early lift from their defense and special teams in beating the struggling Giants 34-13 on Thursday night, avoiding their first three-game losing streak since the 2016 season."It's a big win for us," said Wentz, who finished 26 of 36 for 278 yards and no interceptions. "NFC East and the conference. It's huge. Being 3-3 is better than 2-4. This is more like who we are. We can build from this."The win put the Eagles into a first place tie with Washington (2-2) in the NFC East with Dallas (2-3) a half game back. The Giants are fading fast.Wentz sandwiched touchdowns passes of 13 and 1 yard to Alshon Jeffery around a 10-yarder to tight end Zach Ertz to help the Eagles build a 31-6 lead. They beat the Giants (1-5) for the fourth straight time and seventh in eight games.Corey Clement scored on a 1-yard run and Jake Elliott added field goals of 33 and 30 yards."This is finally the game where we played like the Philadelphia Eagles," said Ertz, who was limited to seven passes for 43 yards. "We're finally the Eagles again."Rookie halfback Saquon Barkley scored on a 50-yard run and rushed for 130 yards in one of the few bright spots for the Giants' offense Youth Evan Engram Jersey , which was booed repeatedly in losing at home for the third time. Aldrick Rosas had field goals of 33 and 21 yards.This was seen as a must-win game for both teams in the weak and wide-open NFC East, and the Eagles went out and grabbed it.They came into the game having scored seven points in the first quarter and they doubled that against New York.Eli Manning was under pressure all night from the Eagles. They sacked him four times and hit him 13 other times. He finished 24 of 43 for 281 yards."We want to get after the passer every week," coach Doug Pederson said. "These games are battles. It all comes down to which team gets after the passer. We hit Eli and put him on the ground. That was big."It started on the opening series.Kamu Grugier-Hill intercepted Manning's pass that was tipped by fellow linebacker Jordan Hicks and he returned it to Giants 16. Three plays later, Wentz was forced out of the pocket and found Jeffery after getting all day to throw.A 46-yard run by Barkley set up Rosas' 33-yarder to cut the gap to 7-3, but the Eagles took control later in the quarter after DeAndre Carter returned a punt 23 yards to the New York 44. Passes of 17 to Jeffery and 14 to Clement set up Clement's touchdown run.A spectacular tackle-breaking run by Barkley on a 55-yard screen pass helped cut the lead to 14-6 in the second quarter but Wentz hit a wide-open Nelson Agholer on a third and 3 and connected with Ertz for a 21-6 lead on the next play.Elliott made it 24-6 just before halftime and Philadelphia put the game out of reach with a 75-yard drive that ended with a short Jeffery TD catch."We didn't do anything well enough to win tonight," Giants coach Pat Shurmur said. "Credit Philadelphia. Good football team."The only thing meaningful after that was Barkley's touchdown run."How do I feel about my performance tonight?" Barkley asked rhetorically. "Doesn't matter to me. We didn't win."FAN OF THE GAMEOdell Beckham Jr. headbutted a giant cooling fan during a second-half fit that also included him screaming from the sideline and eventually being calmed by Barkley. Beckham also left for the locker room before the end of the first half, though Shurmur said Beckham was excused early because of cramping.Beckham said his tirade was just a bit of self-motivation."I was just trying to get myself going," he said. "I felt like some of those plays where I was getting myself going was some of my best stuff. So I was just trying to get myself fired up. I did that and it helped me."Thursday's scene comes a week after Beckham bemoaned the lack of downfield passes from Manning and the team's subpar energy following a 33-31 loss to Carolina. Beckham had six catches for 44 yards Thursday, and his longest reception was 12 yards.INJURIES: Eagles LT Jason Peters left with a biceps injury. Backup cornerback Sidney Jones left in the first half with a hamstring injury. The Giants had LB Ray Ray Amstrong (concussion), WR Cody Latimer (hamstring) and CB Antonio Hamilton (illness) leave the game.BARKLEY GAINS: Barkley has gained at least 100 yards from scrimmage in each of his first six career games. He is one off the NFL rookie record set by Kansas City's Kareem Hunt.UP NEXTEagles: Host Carolina on Oct. 21.Giants: At Atlanta on Oct. 22.

Nuevo tema Responder al tema  [ 1 mensaje ] 

Todos los horarios son UTC

Temas Relacionados
 Temas   Autor   Respuestas   Vistas   Último mensaje 
No hay nuevos mensajes sin leer en este tema. Giants vs Eagles: Can the Giants defense bring the pressure

liny195

Lun Ene 21, 2019 6:46 am

liny195 Ver último mensaje

No hay nuevos mensajes sin leer en este tema. Giants-Eagles as a result of the quantities: Giants' offense

Robinson

Vie Nov 16, 2018 3:04 am

Robinson Ver último mensaje

No hay nuevos mensajes sin leer en este tema. Giants-Eagles by the numbers: Giants’ offense still has a ne

liny195

Jue Nov 22, 2018 2:36 am

No hay nuevos mensajes sin leer en este tema. The one where we talk about the Eagles and Giants

huangjian123

Lun Nov 19, 2018 3:27 am

huangjian123 Ver último mensaje

No hay nuevos mensajes sin leer en este tema. Giants vs. Jaguars: Snaps and stats from the new-look Giants

liny195

Jue Nov 08, 2018 2:48 am