Todos los horarios son UTC

Feed

Nuevo tema Responder al tema  [ 1 mensaje ] 
Autor Mensaje
NotaPublicado: Mié Oct 10, 2018 8:25 am 
Eau de Toilette
Eau de Toilette

Share |
The Chicago White Sox snapped an eight-game losing streak with a victory Friday night over the Oakland Athletics.

Now Mike Hughes Color Rush Jersey , the White Sox will try to start building momentum in a positive direction.

Chicago (25-50) will go for back-to-back wins when it hosts Oakland (39-37) on Saturday afternoon at Guaranteed Rate Field. The White Sox and A’s are coming off a doubleheader split and have two games left in the four-game series on Chicago’s South Side.

The matchup will represent a personal milestone for White Sox right-hander Dylan Covey (3-2, 2.90 ERA), who will face the A’s for the first time in his career. The A’s drafted him in 2013 in the fourth round, but Chicago selected him in the Rule 5 draft before the start of last season.

Covey endured a turbulent 2017 campaign but has performed much better this time around. The 26-year-old went five straight starts without a defeat before falling short in his most recent outing Monday against the Cleveland Indians. He gave up four earned runs on six hits over six innings in that 6-2 defeat.

This will be Covey’s 20th start in the big leagues. He is 3-9 with a 5.95 ERA in his career.

“On the outside looking in, I would say he’s on a path that leads us to believe he’s turning a corner and getting to where you feel comfortable with all of his approaches, when he’s attacking hitters, and that’s going to be able to have this become a sustainable activity for him,” Chicago manager Rick Renteria said to the Chicago Sun-Times. “The stuff is good. It’s always going to be, for all pitchers, trusting the stuff and commanding strikes.”

For Oakland, right-hander Daniel Mengden (6-6, 4.06 ERA) is set to make his 16th start of the season. The Houston Astros drafted Mengden in the fourth round in 2014, and he was traded to Oakland the next season as part of a package for veteran left-hander Scott Kazmir.

Kazmir has not pitched in the big leagues since 2016 Youth Rashaan Gaulden Jersey , but Mengden appears to have a bright future at age 25. He has struggled recently, however, allowing 16 earned runs in his past 14 1/3 innings for a 10.05 ERA during that span. He has given up eight home runs in that time.

In his only career appearance against the White Sox earlier this season, Mengden allowed only one run and six hits in eight innings. He walked one and struck out six while picking up the win in Oakland’s 8-1 victory.

A’s outfielder Matt Joyce could remain in the lineup one day after he was activated from the 10-day disabled list with a lumbar strain. He hit .196 with seven home runs and 13 RBIs before the injury, and he went 0-for-2 in his return Friday night.

“Obviously, he’s been a big part of our lineup,” A’s manager Bob Melvin said to mlb.com. “Maybe not the year he envisioned up to this point, but we feel like he’s swung the bat a lot better than his numbers would suggest. He had a couple of hits the last couple of games, and he’s healthy again.”

The White Sox are 13-25 at home. The A’s are 19-17 on the road.

Kirk Cousins was the unequivocal jewel of this year’s free agent quarterback class in just about everyone’s mind but John Elway’s.

”We got our guy,” the Denver Broncos general manager said Friday at Case Keenum’s introductory news conference. ”We got the guy that was our target.”

Even though Keenum was No. 1 in Elway’s eyes, he was viewed over the last several weeks as something of a runner-up even in the Broncos locker room.

Several stars such as Von Miller, Brandon Marshall and Emmanuel Sanders campaigned for Cousins, issuing public pleas for the ex-Washington QB who ultimately signed a three-year Authentic Randall Cobb Jersey , $84 million deal with Minnesota.

Keenum, who led the Vikings to the NFC championship game after replacing an injured Sam Bradford and going 11-3, said his phone has ”been blowing up” with congratulatory texts from his new teammates – Miller’s was the first – and he brushed aside all that cajoling of Cousins, too.

”I applaud those guys for wanting to make their team better,” Keenum said after signing his two-year, $36 million deal that includes $25 million in guarantees. ”I want guys that want their team to be great, that want to do everything they can to help the team. So, no, it’s not awkward to me at all.”

Neither will it be clumsy, Keenum insisted, if Elway decides to use the fifth overall pick in next month’s NFL draft on another quarterback.

This year’s class is unusually deep at quarterback with as many as six teams expected to use first-round picks on passers, and Elway has a high draft pick for the first time since selecting Miller at No. 2 in 2011.

”I’ve been around long enough to know that anything is a possibility in this league. I was a starting quarterback when a team drafted somebody No. 1 overall and traded a bunch of draft picks. I know how that goes,” Keenum said Authentic Josh Allen Jersey , recalling when the Rams selected Jared Goff in 2016.

”I know that my teammates, my coaches and the front office – everyone – is doing everything they possibly can to be the best Denver Broncos that we can possibly be. For me, it doesn’t change my mindset. It really doesn’t.”

Elway spent the week scoping out QB prospects Baker Mayfield and Josh Rosen during their pro days and issued invitations to Sam Darnold and Mayfield for interviews at team headquarters in the coming weeks.

Yet, landing Keenum gives Elway the flexibility to draft a blue chip prospect such as Notre Dame guard Quenton Nelson or North Carolina State defensive end Bradley Chubb should there be an early run on quarterbacks.

That would give Keenum a premier pick to help him rather than his eventual replacement to fend off as long as he can.

”We have a lot of opportunities at five now,” Elway said.

The Broncos are coming off a 5-11 season in which they cycled through Elway’s former draft picks Trevor Siemian, Paxton Lynch and Brock Osweiler at quarterback. They’re sending Siemian to Minnesota. Osweiler is a free agent and Lynch is now Keenum’s backup. He also won’t have the chance to earn the starting job in training camp like he had the last two summers.

Coach Vance Joseph welcomes the lack of another quarterback competition, saying it’s good for players and coaches to just focus on building an offensive scheme rather than wondering who will be running it.

Elway lauded Keenum’s renowned work ethic, his leadership and his success after going undrafted out of the University of Houston but building a strong resume with the Texans, Rams and Vikings.

”As far as leadership qualities, the grit that he has, the way that he plays the game, the way that he competes, he was the perfect fit for us http://www.chargersauthorizedshops.com/authentic-derwin-james-jersey ,” Elway said.

The Broncos’ crush on Keenum goes way back, too.

Senior personnel adviser Gary Kubiak gave him his start in the NFL and coached him in Houston for two years when Joseph was on the Texans’ staff.

The Broncos even tried to pry Keenum away from the Rams after Peyton Manning retired two years ago only to be rebuffed.

Keenum, who only had one scholarship offer after high school, isn’t used to such fawning.

”To have a team pursue me, and like John said, to be their guy, that instills a lot of confidence in me and I am ready to be that guy,” Keenum said. ”I know I am, and I’m excited to be the Denver Broncos’ quarterback.”

http://www.officialusafootballs.com/seattle-seahawks

Nuevo tema Responder al tema  [ 1 mensaje ] 

Todos los horarios son UTC

Temas Relacionados
 Temas   Autor   Respuestas   Vistas   Último mensaje 
No hay nuevos mensajes sin leer en este tema. Authentic Josh Allen Jersey

hongwei28

Mié Sep 19, 2018 6:43 am

hongwei28 Ver último mensaje

No hay nuevos mensajes sin leer en este tema. Authentic Josh Allen Jersey

hongwei28

Vie Ago 24, 2018 1:36 am