Todos los horarios son UTC

Feed

Nuevo tema Responder al tema  [ 1 mensaje ] 
Autor Mensaje
NotaPublicado: Mié Ago 29, 2018 9:38 am 
Perfume
Perfume

Share |
After working a quarter-century in the NHL Tell Authentic And Replica NFL Jerseys , including two decades in management, Paul Fenton finally has the opportunity to run a team.

The new general manager of the Minnesota Wild has been tasked with retooling a roster that has produced a consistent regular season winner but, more importantly, scant success in the playoffs.

”I’m confident we have a very good team in Minnesota and believe Paul shares that same belief. The goal remains to bring a Stanley Cup to the state of hockey,” owner Craig Leipold said. ”No pressure, Paul, but that is where it starts.”

The 58-year-old Fenton was introduced on Tuesday at Xcel Energy Center, where the Wild have reached the postseason six straight times to match the longest streak in the Western Conference with the Anaheim Ducks. The problem is they’ve won only two series during that run, both in the first round. That’s why Leipold dismissed Chuck Fletcher after nine seasons and, after a month of interviewing and considering candidates, turned to Fenton for a fresh perspective .

”As we went through the process, we kept hearing good things about our team Good Sellers For Fake NFL Jerseys ,” Leipold said. ”We kept feeling better and better, and it really reinforced what we thought. This is not a rebuild. It’s a tweaking.”

Existing contracts essentially make a teardown impossible. Center Mikko Koivu, left wing Zach Parise and defenseman Ryan Suter accounted for almost 30 percent of the Wild’s salary cap in 2017-18. Koivu’s two-year extension kicks in this summer. Parise and Suter are signed for seven more seasons. All three players attended the news conference, as did coach Bruce Boudreau and several holdover hockey operations staffers.

”It obviously doesn’t need to be overhauled,” Fenton said. ”We have a lot of really good veteran pieces, young guys that are coming, and I’m just looking forward to trying to put on some finishing touches to help us win.”

Even without no-trade clauses, the Koivu-Parise-Suter core would be difficult to move with their current deals. There are plenty of other valuable players that Fenton could use as assets in trades, though, and there’s precedent for him doing just that.

During his 12-year tenure as assistant general manager of the Nashville Predators, Fenton teamed with general manager David Poile to pull off several bold moves. They shipped Shea Weber to the Montreal Canadiens for P.K. Subban in a swap of standout defensemen two summers ago after sending defenseman Seth Jones to the Columbus Blue Jackets for center Ryan Johansen about six months earlier, deals that set the stage for the Predators to reach the Stanley Cup finals in 2017. They had the best record in the league in the 2017-18 regular season.

Fenton declined to make any evaluations or proclamations about the Wild during his session with reporters NFL Blog , but he did give a definitive answer to a question about whether he’d keep the aggressive approach to trading.

”I like to think outside the box,” he said, later adding: ”I’ll look at small trades. I’ll look at big trades. Whatever is going to improve this organization going forward to give us a chance to win the Stanley Cup, we’re going to look.”

As for feeling limited by the Koivu-Parise-Suter contract situation he inherited, well, if he was daunted by it he wouldn’t have been hired.

”Everybody has the same problem,” Fenton said. ”We’re all cap driven.”

Fenton was accompanied by his wife, Nona, who was once his high school sweetheart in Massachusetts, and his two adult sons, P.J. and Owen, and daughter-in-law Stefanie. There’s a granddaughter in the family as well.

Suter was a familiar face to Fenton in the crowd 5 Ways To Tell Authentic And Replica NFL Jerseys (Real VS Fake) , too. The Predators drafted him in the first round in 2003 while Fenton was director of player personnel. Leipold owned the Predators then, too.

”We have mutual friends that say good things about each other, so I don’t think it’s going to be a difficult transition at all,” said Boudreau, who will enter his third season with the Wild. ”We’re hockey guys, and when we’re getting together we’re going to be talking hockey all the time. That’s what we love to do. He spent a lot of years looking at the minors. I’ve been a lot of years in the minors. I think it should end up being a really good relationship.”

Julius Peppers isn’t done playing football just yet.

The 38-year-old free agent re-signed with the Panthers on Wednesday, agreeing to a one-year contract.

The deal is for $5 million, with $2.5 million guaranteed, a person familiar with the situation said. The person spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because the team does not release financial terms of contracts.

”I am fired up to have him back,” Panthers coach Ron Rivera told The Associated Press. ”It was amazing to have him as part of what we are trying to build and I think he can help us get to the next level.”

The Panthers also officially announced acquisition of Eagles wide receiver Torrey Smith in exchange for cornerback Daryl Worley, which was reported last week .

Peppers had contemplated retirement after the Panthers went 11-5 last season and made the playoffs as a wild card team.

Earlier this year Panthers outside linebacker Thomas Davis and center Ryan Kalil both said this will be their last season. Peppers could also be another player making a farewell tour in 2018.

Peppers is entering his 17th NFL season, including his 10th with the Panthers.

A nine-time Pro bowl selection 2018 Good Sellers For Fake NFL Jerseys , he returned to Carolina last season and had a productive season with 11 sacks, two forced fumbles and two fumble recoveries.

Peppers helps provide some depth at defensive end after starter Charles Johnson was released earlier this offseason.

Peppers’ 154 sacks are the fourth-most in NFL history. He needs six sacks to pass Kevin Greene and move into third place on the NFL’s all-time list.

The North Carolina native was the No. 2 overall pick in the 2002 draft by the Panthers following a successful college career with the North Carolina Tar Heels.

He played his first eight seasons in Carolina before joining the Chicago Bears in 2010. He played four years there and three more for the Green Bay Packers before returning to Carolina last year.

Peppers has played in 250 career games, tied for seventh-most of any defensive player in NFL history and has played in 160 straight games, the second-longest of any defensive player.

He was named to the NFL’s All-Decade Team of the 2000s.

Peppers leads all active players with 20 career fumble recoveries and ranks second in forced fumbles (49) in the NFL since 2002. His 11 career interceptions rank second all-time for defensive ends.

Smith brings needed speed to the team’s wide receiver position.

He said in a conference call Wednesday that he’s thrilled to join the Panthers and have a chance to play with quarterback Cam Newton, whom he has worked out with in the past.
Imagen
”The Eagles were very open about the trade, so I wasn’t blindsided,” said Smith, who had 36 catches for 430 yards and two touchdowns while starting 14 games last year for the Super Bowl champions. ”But this is one of the places I wanted to be and I’m happy that it played out that way.”

Smith played one season with former Panthers wide receiver Steve Smith in Baltimore and said he’s like a ”legit big brother I can talk to about anything.”

The Panthers lost unrestricted free agent defensive tackle Star Lotulelei to Buffalo on Wednesday after he signed a five-year deal with the Bills.

Nuevo tema Responder al tema  [ 1 mensaje ] 

Todos los horarios son UTC

Temas Relacionados
 Temas   Autor   Respuestas   Vistas   Último mensaje 
No hay nuevos mensajes sin leer en este tema. chance on leaving

douhua2233

Mar Jul 24, 2018 6:48 am

douhua2233 Ver último mensaje

No hay nuevos mensajes sin leer en este tema. Chanel - Chance

Viviana

Dom Dic 02, 2012 4:56 pm

karlochacon Ver último mensaje

No hay nuevos mensajes sin leer en este tema. We knew we had a chance to get

officialsbaseball

Jue Dic 06, 2018 3:16 am

officialsbaseball Ver último mensaje

No hay nuevos mensajes sin leer en este tema. scoring chance fi

douhua2233

Mié Jul 04, 2018 1:55 am

douhua2233 Ver último mensaje

No hay nuevos mensajes sin leer en este tema. I realized that if I were to stand any chance of

zhouyueyue

Mié Nov 28, 2018 6:20 am

zhouyueyue Ver último mensaje