Todos los horarios son UTC

Feed

Nuevo tema Responder al tema  [ 1 mensaje ] 
Autor Mensaje
NotaPublicado: Lun Ene 21, 2019 6:46 am 
Eau de Parfum
Eau de Parfum

Share |
A Thursday night matchup with the Philadelphia Eagles will be a test for the New York Giants defense. Both units still look to be finding their groove early in the season with flashes of the good things that were expected. Injuries have played a part in that for both teams http://www.newyorkgiantsteamonline.com/b.j.-goodson-jersey , though they should both be healthier on this side of the ball for the divisional matchup. Here’s what to look for on Thursday night when the Eagles have the ball:By the numbersFor more explanation of these numbers, go here.A heavy dose of play-actionPhiladelphia has used play-action on 28 percent of pass plays this season, per Sports Info Solutions charting from Football Outsiders, the fourth-highest rate in the league. While it hasn’t gone super well for them through five weeks — the Eagles’ 6.6 yards per play on play-action passes ranks 26th — it’s still been better than what the Eagles have done on passes without play-action (5.9 yards per play).Meanwhile, few defenses have play-action run against them more frequently than the Giants — 27 percent, fifth-most. The Giants have also allowed the 13th-highest yards per play (8.9) on play-action passes while allowing the seventh-fewest (6.1) on passes without play-action. The Eagles really like to use this on first down, when the league average pass-to-run rate is 50-50. Philadelphia is one of the most pass-heavy teams on first down (59 percent, the fifth-highest rate per Sharp Football Stats), but the offense will still make teams believe they will run before hitting the pass.This pass against the Minnesota Vikings came on a first-and-10 with three wide receivers and six offensive linemen on the field. The run fake and the route concepts were enough to have a receiver wide open in the intermediate middle of the field, but there was also a deep shot available, which Carson Wentz took for a 48-yard gain to Shelton Gibson.Philadelphia will also use 12 personnel — two tight ends — to pass frequently. League-wide, teams pass 51 percent of the time out of 12 personnel. The Eagles pass 66 percent of the time and use it more often (37 percent) than any other team in the league. Olivier Vernon active for GiantsPutting on pressurePhiladelphia’s offensive line was one of the pieces that got them to a Super Bowl victory last season, but it hasn’t been up to that standard through Week 5. The Eagles are 26th in offensive pressure rate allowed, per Football Outsiders. The Giants are 25th.The Eagles come out better in Football Outsiders’ adjusted sack rate, which adjusts for down, distance, and situation, where they rank 13th http://www.authenticsnewyorkgiants.com/cheap-aldrick-rosas-jersey , but still, this is not quite the top-tier unit the Eagles had last season. These pressures and sacks are happening all across the offensive line. Last week against the Vikings, the Eagles allowed a strip sack and a Linval Joseph touchdown set up by nothing more than Lane Johnson getting beat on an inside move.This isn’t a knock on Johnson, who is still one of the best offensive tackles in the league, but it does show there’s just been more pressure all over this line so far this season.Per Sheil Kapadia of The Athletic, Wentz’s sacks are happening an average of 3.93 seconds after the snap opposed to the league average of 4.28. These are quick pressures and sacks impacting the Eagles offense.It helps that the Giants will likely get Olivier Vernon back on the field Thursday night in at least some capacity. Vernon will immediately take over as the biggest pass rush threat off the edge. In his absence, the Giants have gotten some pressure — 15th in defensive pressure rate — but it hasn’t come consistently outside of the game against the Houston Texans and one of the league’s worst offensive lines. Cam Newton was barely under pressure last week. With Vernon on the field, there’s now a bigger threat an opposing offense would have to account for, which could open up more opportunities for the other defenders on the field. A broken Wentz Wagon?Carson Wentz has now been back for three starts off his ACL injury, but he has yet to look like the 2017 version. Wentz’s numbers through three games look a lot like Eli Manning’s through five.2018 seasonQBComp%YPA (RK)ANY/A (RK)DVOA (RK)QBR (RK)QBComp%YPA (RK)ANY/A (RK)DVOA (RK)QBR (RK)Wentz, to this point, hasn’t been helped out a whole lot by his receiving corps. The Eagles are tied for the third most drops this season, per Sports Info Solutions, and Nelson Agholor is fourth among individual players with four. Now the raw number of drops can be vastly overrated when factoring in the rate at which they occur, but the rate in which they have occurred is an alarming number for the Eagles this season.Through his three starts, Wentz is throwing shorter and less aggressive passes than last season — 8.0 intended air yards to 9.9 last season and an average pass 1.4 yards behind the first down marker compared to 0.8 yards past it last season, per Next Gen Stats.Tackling is still an issueWhen the ball does get into the hands of an Eagles receiver, taking him down might be an issue. The Giants have been one of the league’s worst tackling teams through five weeks — they currently have the seventh-highest broken tackle rate per SIS.The biggest culprits have been Curtis Riley and Alec Ogletree http://www.authenticsnewyorkgiants.com/cheap-janoris-jenkins-jersey , who have each been charged with five broken tackles, which is tied for the fifth-most among defenders. Ogletree’s 25 percent broken tackle rate is the third-highest among 61 defenders with at least 20 tackle attempts and the most among linebackers. Riley’s 22.7 percent broken tackle rate is fifth-worst among that group and Landon Collins’s 16 percent — four total broken tackles — is 14th-highest.Giants news, 8/13: Light day for Eli Manning, more headlines Good morning, New York Giants fans! Here are some headlines to get your Monday started.Light day for Eli ManningQuarterback Eli Manning only took a few reps on Sunday. Davis Webb took the rest of the first-team reps and Kyle Lauletta moved up to take second-team reps.“That was two-fold. It gave him a little less and that allowed the other quarterbacks to get a little more,” said head coach Pat Shurmur.No. 2 QB job up for grabs?With his impressive showing Thursday did Kyle Lauletta crack open the door and give himself a chance to take the backup quarterback job away from Davis Webb? Only Shurmur knows for sure.“I think it is,” Lauletta said Sunday when asked if he thought that job was open. “Nobody’s said Davis is definitely the backup, or me. Doesn’t matter. I’m going to do everything I can and perform as best as I can and that decision will be left up to Coach. Of course I’ll be doing everything I can in order to put my best foot forward and try to get that spot.”James Bettcher away for mother’s funeralDefensive coordinator James Bettcher was not at practice Sunday and won’t be there on Monday. “James’ mother passed away last week, and so he’s back (home) and they’re having the services this weekend,” Shurmur said. “He’s back in Indiana and he will meet us in Detroit.”Solder not happy with play vs. BrownsLeft tackle Nate Solder felt like he could have, make that should have, played better in Thursday’s preseason opener vs. the Cleveland Browns.“You always have to have the mindset of needing to improve, I wasn’t happy with the way I kind of slowly oozed into that game. I thought that you have to come out firing, ready to go first snap. I wasn’t happy with my preparation, I think I need to do better preparing for the game coming up,” Solder said. “I think that with every year, you have to get yourself in the mindset of playing four quarters. Your condition, your footwork Color Rush Riley Dixon Jersey , your fundamentals, all those things need to continue to ratchet up as the (season) comes closer.”Collins: Scheme will create pass rushWhere will the Giants pass rush come from? Landon Collins says the point is that in James Bettcher’s defense offenses will never know.“Not many teams know where we’re coming from, we make everything look like man (coverage). So you never know if we’re in man or zone coverage. This past game I came free three times. So, I was like, ‘If we just make sure we hold them for two more seconds, it’s a sack.’ But those open and wide-open tackles with Coach Bettcher’s defense, I think we’re going to have a lot of sacks, DB and linebacker wise. I think it’s going to be very open.”Connor Barwin “a little sore”Veteran EDGE rusher Connor Barwin was a limited practice participant Sunday. “He’s just a little sore from the game,” Shurmur said. “We’ll see how long he’s out.”Injuries complicate free safety competitionBoth Curtis Riley and Darian Thompson, who seem like the primary competitors for the free safety role, have missed time recently with injuries. That is making it more difficult for the Giants to figure out what to do at the position.“It makes the evaluation tougher when guys are getting themselves nicked up,” Shurmur said. “Ideally, they’re all healthy all the time and you’re giving the same amount of reps and see what they can do. I’m not so sure that’s the real world, though.”

Nuevo tema Responder al tema  [ 1 mensaje ] 

Todos los horarios son UTC

Temas Relacionados
 Temas   Autor   Respuestas   Vistas   Último mensaje 
No hay nuevos mensajes sin leer en este tema. Giants-Eagles as a result of the quantities: Giants' offense

Robinson

Vie Nov 16, 2018 3:04 am

Robinson Ver último mensaje

No hay nuevos mensajes sin leer en este tema. Giants-Eagles odds: Giants will be underdogs at home vs.

liny195

Vie Nov 16, 2018 2:25 am

liny195 Ver último mensaje

No hay nuevos mensajes sin leer en este tema. Giants-Eagles by the numbers: Giants’ offense still has a ne

liny195

Jue Nov 22, 2018 2:36 am

liny195 Ver último mensaje

No hay nuevos mensajes sin leer en este tema. The one where we talk about the Eagles and Giants

huangjian123

Lun Nov 19, 2018 3:27 am

huangjian123 Ver último mensaje

No hay nuevos mensajes sin leer en este tema. e the pressure, to relish the pressure that comes with

blueberryjerry

Mar May 02, 2017 9:27 am

blueberryjerry Ver último mensaje