Todos los horarios son UTC

Feed

Nuevo tema Responder al tema  [ 1 mensaje ] 
Autor Mensaje
NotaPublicado: Jue Nov 08, 2018 1:40 am 
Eau de Parfum
Eau de Parfum

Share |
The Cleveland Browns rebounded on Thursday night to post their second victory of the preseason Baker Mayfield Jersey Elite , a 5-0 defeat of the Philadelphia Eagles.The score may indicate otherwise, but it was far from a boring night at FirstEnergy Stadium, although it did leave the club and its fans with some questions just a little more than two weeks away from the season opener.Here are three quick takeaways from the game.The defense is evolving into something specialThe Browns are starting to see the payoff of a young group of players performing in the same defensive system for the second consecutive year.Defensive end Myles Garrett was unstoppable as he spent almost as much time in the Philadelphia backfield as starting quarterback Nick Foles. Garrett had two sacks and helped contribute to one of the four turnovers the Eagles committed on the night.The defensive front seven remains extremely energetic and are going to be a handful for opposing offenses this fall. The secondary, even though it was missing starting safety Damarious Randall for the entire game and starting cornerback Denzel Ward for most of it (more in him in a moment), also got in on the fun, helping to limit the Eagles to 162 passing yards and picking up an interception from Briean Boddy-Calhoun. The turnovers are something the team has been emphasizing, Boddy-Calhoun told clevelandbrowns.com:It may have only been a preseason game, but this defense is finally going to be fun to watch this season.The offense was out-of-syncIt may have just been one of those nights, or it could be a sign that the situation is not as optimistic as wide receiver Jarvis Landry believes, but the Browns offense just looked off all night long. At first glance the running game looked to be decent as Carlos Hyde and Nick Chubb combined to rush for 91 yards and average 4.3 yards per carry.But 33 of Hyde’s 45 yards came on one carry, as did 21 of Chubb’s 46 yards. Now those obviously count, but take away those two runs and Hyde and Chubb combined to rush for just 37 yards on their other 19 combined carries.The passing game was not much better, as Landry finished with just three receptions on 10 targets, and the quarterback trio of Tyrod Taylor, Baker Mayfield and Drew Stanton combined for just 120 passing yards while taking four sacks.Complicating matters was Taylor injuring his left (non-throwing) wrist when he landed on it awkwardly. He missed two offensive series before returning to the game, but never seemed right. Which calls into question why the Browns put him back in the game, especially sine Taylor on the sidelines gave Mayfield some unplanned playing time with starting offense. Which also leads us to our final takeaway.Injuries stinkWard leaving the game after the opening series with a back injury and Taylor doing something to his wrist are the top-of-mind problems for the Browns right now.But the team dodged a couple of major bullets when right tackle Chris Hubbard missed a few plays after having a player roll up the back of his leg. Likewise, Mayfield could have been seriously hurt when his head bounced off the leg of left tackle Shon Coleman on a sack.Luckily that was not the case, as Hubbard returned and Mayfield is reportedly going to be fine.The team won’t know for sure about Ward and Taylor until further tests are done, but it would not be a complete surprise if one or both of them are out for at least a little while.In Taylor’s case that is a problem as the last two games have shown the offense is nowhere near being one that looks ready for the regular season. And that puts head coach Hue Jackson and offensive coordinator in a bind with next week’s final preseason game.Normally the starters would sit out the game http://www.clevelandbrownsteamonline.com/baker-mayfield-jersey , but since they still need work, especially on offense the temptation will be strong to put them out for a few series against the Detroit Lions.But that also puts them at risk for injury, and as good as the Browns have looked at times through the preseason, it has also become clear that their is a pretty significant drop off at some positions once the starters are on the sidelines.It is a big decision for Jackson, one that could have ramifications once the regular season comes around. Hue Jackson didn't lose his nerve.Fired this week by the Browns after winning just three of 40 games in two plus-seasons, Jackson on Friday disputed owner Jimmy Haslam's assertion there was "internal discord" on the coaching staff that made his dismissal — along with offensive coordinator Todd Haley's — necessary.Days after being let go, Jackson appeared on ESPN to defend his record, describe regrets and essentially audition for another job.On Monday, Haslam, who has fired four coaches in six years, intimated that in-fighting between Jackson and Haley were at the root of his decision to make a change halfway through the season.Jackson disagreed with his former boss and said he wanted to "set the record straight.""I don't really think it was truly just about internal discord," said Jackson, who went 1-15, 0-15 and 2-5-1 with Cleveland. "I think that's a strong word. I think you have disagreements with coaches — with Todd, with (defensive coordinator) Gregg Williams, with Amos Jones, who is also the special teams coordinator. I don't think that's internal discord. I think when you look at it, the organization made a decision to go in a different direction."Jackson knows he didn't win nearly enough, and he has some misgiving about the way he handled things. Following a recent loss to Tampa Bay, a frustrated Jackson said he intended to "dive in" and help Haley. Jackson said he was only trying to help Authentic Baker Mayfield Jersey , but the comments widened a rift with Haley and sent a shockwave through the team's front office.Jackson feels that ultimately the decision to let him go was to protect rookie quarterback Baker Mayfield, who may finally end the franchise's search for a long-term QB."I think when you really stop to look at it, it's truly really about Baker Mayfield," Jackson said. "I think they want to do everything they can to put him in a situation. You got the first pick of the draft, who I think is going to be a franchise quarterback who is going to be a sensational player, and he's not playing as well. So again, here is a perfect storm to move forward and move on. And I have to respect the decision that they made."Jackson said he was the one who hired Haley, who spent the previous six seasons with the Pittsburgh Steelers. Jackson didn't want to relinquish play-calling duties — he was also Cleveland's offensive coordinator in his first two seasons — but he felt it would be better if he got help.Jackson now admits he should have never "given away the offense.""I knew that Todd Haley was a proven offensive play-caller, veteran play-caller in our division. Why would you not?" Jackson said of Haley's hiring. "I mean, let's be honest, I knew I was on the clock. You can't be 1-15, 0-16 and think, you know you can go through the season and not win football games. I wanted to surround myself with guys that have done it, and done it at a high level, and Todd Haley was definitely one of those guys."Jackson said he felt it was important to go public with his feelings just days after being fired."I want people to understand — I'm human just like anybody else," he said. "At the end of the day, I didn't do enough. We didn't do enough to get the job done in Cleveland. So what am I supposed to do? I'm not going to go crawl into a hole and say pull the covers."Jackson knows his 11-44-1 record as a head coach doesn't make him attractive to lead a team."I hope the next opportunity for me is to go back and be a coordinator first and foremost," he said. "Go back and put my name back to where it should be, among some of the best play callers in this league. And then to move forward from there.

Nuevo tema Responder al tema  [ 1 mensaje ] 

Todos los horarios son UTC

Temas Relacionados
 Temas   Autor   Respuestas   Vistas   Último mensaje 
No hay nuevos mensajes sin leer en este tema. 7 takeaways from the Ravens’ 30-20 win over Washington

douhua2233

Mié Oct 31, 2018 1:17 am

douhua2233 Ver último mensaje

No hay nuevos mensajes sin leer en este tema. he suffered in the preseason.

hfy962464

Jue May 17, 2018 8:07 am

hfy962464 Ver último mensaje

No hay nuevos mensajes sin leer en este tema. Bears vs Bills Preseason 2018: Live updates from the game FO

panxing18

Sab Oct 20, 2018 1:25 am

panxing18 Ver último mensaje

No hay nuevos mensajes sin leer en este tema. would be available for the Browns November

hfy962464

Sab Abr 28, 2018 8:14 am

hfy962464 Ver último mensaje

No hay nuevos mensajes sin leer en este tema. In addition to the Browns' securing of the No

lucky

Mié Dic 27, 2017 3:42 am

lucky Ver último mensaje