Todos los horarios son UTC

Feed

Nuevo tema Responder al tema  [ 1 mensaje ] 
Autor Mensaje
NotaPublicado: Vie Ene 18, 2019 6:48 am 
Eau de Parfum
Eau de Parfum

Share |
Jim Nill could have picked anyone from an extensive list of experienced out-of-work NHL coaches to fill the Dallas Stars‘ vacancy.Darryl Sutter has won the Stanley Cup twice Vegas Golden Knights Hoodies Womens , Dan Bylsma once, Alain Vigneault has made the Final twice and Dave Tippett is widely considered one of the best in hockey. Any of them could’ve been a nice fit, but the Stars general manger wanted to be comprehensive in his search.”The game is changing, life changes, and we wanted to make sure that we didn’t forget somebody,” Nill said. ”Let’s not leave anything, any leaf unturned, every door open, let’s look at every candidate.”Dallas decided last week on University of Denver coach Jim Montgomery to replace franchise legend Ken Hitchcock, who returned for one season almost two decades after leading the Stars to the Cup. Nill’s front office is far from the only one looking outside the box to college, junior and Europe for coaching candidates, a trend that could lead to far more teams going beyond retreads with the hope of finding the next great mind behind the bench.”It’s more kind of an evolution of the game itself,” said Philadelphia coach Dave Hakstol Vegas Golden Knights Hats Womens , who was hired out of the University of North Dakota in the summer of 2015 and has gotten the Flyers to the playoffs twice in three seasons. ”There are so many good people coaching at different levels. For a lot of years it seems that maybe the college-coaching level was maybe bypassed for some of the opportunities. But I think when you look at the quality of coaching in the college game today … there’s some real talented people.”Before Hakstol and Montgomery, it had been since Herb Brooks in 1987 and Bob Johnson in 1982 that a coach went from the NCAA ranks directly to the NHL. Outside of now-San Jose’s Peter DeBoer and ex-Pittsburgh coach Mike Johnston, junior hockey hasn’t funneled many straight to the NHL, and there have only been two European-born head coaches: Ivan Hlinka and Alpo Suhonen in the early 2000s.It’s far more common for teams to mine the American Hockey League and NHL staffs for head jobs, and that’s usually a necessary step. Tampa Bay’s Jon Cooper came from the United States Hockey League but spent time in the AHL before the Lightning elevated him, and longtime Quebec Major Junior Hockey League coach Benoit Groulx is on the same path now with the NHL in his near future.Buffalo’s Phil Housley got some experience as the U.S. world junior coach but went right from high school hockey to being an assistant in Nashville. And Rod Brind’Amour spent seven seasons as an assistant after his playing days were over before being named Carolina’s coach on Tuesday.Hurricanes GM Don Waddell said Brind’Amour’s ”fresh ideas, ability to motivate and understanding of what it takes to bring a championship” to Carolina set him apart. As the New York Rangers look to fill their job after firing Vigneault and other openings come up in the next few offseasons, there will be plenty of fresh coaches to choose from.Boston University’s David Quinn has been linked to the Rangers but will stay at least one more year and run the U.S. world junior team before likely being the next to graduate from college to the NHL. Sweden national coach Rikard Gronborg might also be in the mix sooner than later.”I’ve kind of done all that stuff and coached some of the best players in the world,” Gronborg told Sportsnet recently. ”Now I’m interested to have my ideas, to (implement) them over a period of time and do them overseas, and kind of challenging the coaching community over in the NHL. I bring a different perspective on things.”Germany national coach Marco Sturm also brings a different perspective after playing 14 NHL seasons and leading an unheralded team to capture the silver medal at the most recent Olympics. Sturm would like to coach in the NHL but said: ”I’m only 39 years old, I’ve still got time and I’m still learning and I want to learn and we’ll see what the future presents.”With an eye on the future, Nill looked at the present success of young coaches like Cooper and New Jersey’s John Hynes and widened his net. It ended with Montgomery and perhaps a new thought process from Nill on how to go through coaching searches.”Once we went through this process Custom Vegas Golden Knights Jerseys , I just think … who was Scott Bowman? Someone gave him a chance,” Nill said. ”Who was Mike Babcock? Somebody gave him a chance. This is a guy that he deserves a chance.”—AP Sports Writer Stephen Hawkins in Dallas contributed.— ST. LOUIS — Reunited and it feels so good.The return of forward Jaden Schwartz from injury Tuesday means the St. Louis Blues put him back on a line with Brayden Schenn and David Perron. The pairing provided immediate dividends in Schwartz’s first game back, a 4-3 victory over the Florida Panthers on Tuesday, with Perron scoring twice, Schwartz assisting both times and Schenn assisting once.While players have been in and out of the lineup, the penalty kill has been consistent. The Blues have killed 18 straight man advantages heading into their home game against the Colorado Avalanche on Friday night, a stretch dating back to Dec. 1.Article continues below ...The Blues’ penalty kill is at 84.8 percent, fourth in the league.“Goaltending’s been great,” Blues center Ryan O’Reilly told NHL.com. “There’s been times with some huge saves, but also our ‘D’ is making massive blocks. I think we’re on the same page. I think the coaching staff’s good. I think they’ve been doing a great job all season of having us prepared and (knowing) what’s going on, but I think one thing that would be nice, is we stay out of the box more.”Because of injuries, the line of Schwartz www.officialducks.com , Schenn and Perron has only played together three times this season, against Calgary in the third game of the season, at Montreal in October and Tuesday.Perron had a hat trick against Calgary, with Schenn assisting on all three goals. Against Montreal, Schenn scored a power play goal with Perron assisting.“You’ve got Schwartz who gets in there skating and forechecking, creates loose pucks,” Blues interim coach Craig Berube told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. “Brayden Schenn is a power-type forward too, good forechecker, physical, he’s around the net a lot, and you’ve got a finisher. David Perron is a very highly skilled player, great hands, he can pass or shoot. Kind of a good combination all around.”Schenn likes playing with Perron and Schwartz.“At the start of the year we had chemistry Anaheim Ducks T-Shirts Authentic , then a couple of us got banged up there, and were unable to be put back together,” Schenn told the Post-Dispatch. “There’s a chance now and through one game we felt we had a good game. We have something to build on and we just want keep on getting better.”The Blues beat the Avalanche 3-2 in overtime at Colorado on Nov. 30.Colorado is coming off a 6-4 loss to the Edmonton Oilers at home Tuesday and have lost three of their last four.“We touched on the Edmonton game a little bit, we watched video … We did some good things in that game, obviously the result wasn’t there, but there are definitely some things we can fix up,” Avalanche forward Matt Calvert told NHL.com.“We’ve got a big stretch coming up before we get four days off for Christmas and quite a bit of those are at home. We’ve got to come out with a better effort in front of our home crowd, get them involved earlier and have some fun with this before we get the break.”

Nuevo tema Responder al tema  [ 1 mensaje ] 

Todos los horarios son UTC

Temas Relacionados
 Temas   Autor   Respuestas   Vistas   Último mensaje 
No hay nuevos mensajes sin leer en este tema. Anaheim Ducks Hats Authentic

huangjian123

Mar Ene 15, 2019 1:36 am

huangjian123 Ver último mensaje

No hay nuevos mensajes sin leer en este tema. the Anaheim Ducks in 2015. You have to go back to 1996 [

douhua2233

Jue Jul 26, 2018 8:28 am

douhua2233 Ver último mensaje

No hay nuevos mensajes sin leer en este tema. NFL Washington Redskins Authentic T-shirts Charge 

medhurst

Mié Jul 11, 2018 6:01 am

medhurst Ver último mensaje

No hay nuevos mensajes sin leer en este tema. NFL Washington Redskins Authentic T-shirts Lndian 

medhurst

Mié Jul 11, 2018 6:22 am

medhurst Ver último mensaje

No hay nuevos mensajes sin leer en este tema. Ducks to their seventh straight

hfy962464

Mar Mar 27, 2018 5:26 am

hfy962464 Ver último mensaje