Todos los horarios son UTC

Feed

Nuevo tema Responder al tema  [ 1 mensaje ] 
Autor Mensaje
NotaPublicado: Mar May 22, 2018 6:45 am 
Eau de Parfum
Eau de Parfum

Share |
LAGOS Bill Russell Jersey , Aug. 5 (Xinhua) -- As part of its corporate social responsibility, Seven Star Farms Nigeria Ltd, a company started by a Chinese businessman, has been putting smiles on the faces of hundreds of young Nigerian youths via creating job opportunities.

Founded by Eric Ni Meng Xiao, who arrived in Nigeria in 2003 and started a business selling shoes, the company with a proven interest in large-scale agricultural projects, has been empowering young citizens of the West African nation on how to use the vast amounts of fertile land in their country.

Seven Star is located along the Agbara-Lusada road in southwest Nigeria's Ogun State in a quite community devoid of any form of commercial activity.

The farm which covers about 30 hectares is full of both the young and old, with the younger generation making up the larger population.

Assisted by a group of Chinese farmers Al Horford Jersey , the farm is reputed for producing a range of fresh vegetables, eggplant, pepper and fruits.

"I came to Nigeria in 2003 to do shoe business, I was importing to shoes from China, until the Nigerian government placed a ban on it, but we have bought this land to set up a factory," Ni told Xinhua in an interview.

The farmer said providing employment for the teeming youths could be challenging, especially in areas where they are restive and criminality like in every other community.

"I was a farmer in China Gordon Hayward Jersey , but came to Nigeria to do business, so when the government restriction came, I thought it wise to do what I know how to do best and that is farming," he said.

Ni, who says Nigeria is like China, said his goal is to encourage local youths to embrace the culture of agriculture, which according to him, would reduce unemployment among Nigerian youths and supply the Nigerian market with agricultural products.

"I am doing this to help reduced unemployment. We also works for Nigeia and foreigners Kyrie Irving Jersey , and this country (Nigeria) is also like my country (China), as long we are here together, we can help each other," he added.

The company's main customers are Chinese companies, hotels and local supermarkets operating in Lagos, Nigeria's business center, he said.

"For this vegetables here, we supply for some Chinese companies Jaylen Brown Jersey , supermarkets and also some Nigerians come around and buy from here. Most of Nigerians in China like Chinese vegetable mostly fresh ones like this," he said.

The chairman told Xinhua that he making moves to expand the farms operation into Lagos, along the Lekki Free Trade Zone area to make the business more commercially valuable.

"We have interest to do farming in some southwest states, where we would buy hectares of land and we hope to bring in even more commercial crops for this second phase of the farm," he said.

"We now have more than 100 temporary local employees and we hope to continue growing that number," he added.

Many residents praise Ni for his vision and charitable zeal toward the youths of the community.

Yusuf Garuba, a secondary school student who was seen busy at the farm cultivating, said he took up the job because he did not stay home and do nothing.

"The reason am working here is just for me not stay home and do nothing Jayson Tatum Jersey , so I came here to keep myself busy," he added.

Another worker who gave his name as Obinna Johnson expressed satisfaction that the Chinese farmers gave him the opportunity to work and learn as well.

"I have learn so many things, how to plant, farm, many other things and how to achieve something from the owner of the company," Johnson told Xinhua.

Nigeria's agricultural sector has taken a back seat since the country started producing oil more than five decades ago.

Nigeria has the largest population and biggest economy in Africa, but it imports almost all of its food.

TIANJIN, Aug. 27 (Xinhua) -- Following are the facts and figures of the 13th Chinese National Games Boston Celtics Hats , the biggest ever in the history of the quadrennial event which opens here on Sunday evening:

Athletes: 20,341

A total of 20,341 athletes, 12,721 professional and 7,620 amateur, including eight overseas athletes of Chinese heritage, have confirmed their participation. They represent 38 delegations Boston Celtics T-Shirts , including almost all of China's provinces, municipalities, autonomous regions, the Hong Kong and Macao special administrative regions, and sports associations from various trades.

This is a new Games record in the number of participating athletes since the inclusion of amateur athletes for the first time in 30 years.

The countrywide event, inaugurated in 1959, is billed as China's mini-Olympics, and features 417 events across 33 sports for professional athletes Customized Boston Celtics Jersey , and 126 disciplines in 19 mass programs.

Referees: 3,654

As many as 3,654 referees will officiate in the 13th Games. A total of 58 foreign referees have been invited to officiate in 11 sports including handball.

Volunteers: 17,000

There will be around 17,000 college students working as volunteers during the Aug. 27-Sept. 8 competitions of the National Games.

Venues: 47

There are a total of 47 venues for the Aug. 27-Sept. 8 competition in Tianjin, including 21 newly-built and 15 renovated. Ten of the 47 competition venues are located in colleges and universities.

Video: Xinhua's robot reporter Inspire talks with its robot friend in World Robot Conference

Scenery of 9th BRICS summit host city Xiamen

Commemorative stamps issued for 13th Chinese National Games

Flyboarding on water performed in China's Hubei

China's Discovery ROV collects samples in western Pacific Ocean

World Robot Conference attracts visitors in Beijing

At least 2 died, 8 injured in knife attack in Turku, Finland

13 killed Cheap Boston Celtics Jerseys , over 100 others injured in Barcelona attack: official

Photo taken on April 11, 2017 shows the German soccer team Dortmund.

Nuevo tema Responder al tema  [ 1 mensaje ] 

Todos los horarios son UTC

Temas Relacionados
 Temas   Autor   Respuestas   Vistas   Último mensaje 
No hay nuevos mensajes sin leer en este tema. Denver Broncos Customized Jersey

huangjian123

Dom Sep 30, 2018 1:56 am

huangjian123 Ver último mensaje

No hay nuevos mensajes sin leer en este tema. Jacksonville Jaguars Customized Jersey

huangjian123

Mar Oct 16, 2018 3:52 am

huangjian123 Ver último mensaje

No hay nuevos mensajes sin leer en este tema. Toronto at Boston

chenjian20

Lun Jul 30, 2018 2:01 am

chenjian20 Ver último mensaje

No hay nuevos mensajes sin leer en este tema. and what he hopes to find in Boston

lucky

Sab Ene 06, 2018 3:24 am

lucky Ver último mensaje

No hay nuevos mensajes sin leer en este tema. New York gets to town, Boston

hfy962464

Dom Mar 18, 2018 6:31 am

hfy962464 Ver último mensaje